BIZMOLOGY — Every week I bring you news of who’s on the move in the world of information technology executives. Here’s a roundup of five men who are taking charge of companies’ IT operations and leading them in new directions. And who knows? They might just be looking for someone new to do business with.
- Don Desiderato is the new Chief Technology Officer for New York Life Insurance Company, where he will manage the retirement administration, distribution and marketing, investment operations, and warehouse platforms. Desiderato comes to New York Life from Novarica, a consulting firm to the insurance and financial services industries. He also worked in IT services at Citigroup, ING, and Prudential.
- Kentucky-based Centre College welcomes J. Keith Fowlkes as its new Director of Information Technology Services and Chief Information Officer. Fowlkes comes to the private liberal arts school from the University of Virginia’s College at Wise, where he had been the CIO since 2007. He has 25 years’ experience in information technology in both the private and academic sectors. Fowlkes’ first day is May 1.
- David Johns is headed to New York to work for women’s retailer Ascena Retail Group as its new Chief Information Officer. Johns has been the CIO of Toledo, Ohio-based building materials maker Owens Corning since 2004. Prior to that, he worked in IT services at Honeywell and Time Warner. Last year he was named one of Computerworld’s Premier 100 information technology leaders.
- Steven J. Randich, a seasoned IT executive to the financial services industry, has joined FINRA as Chief Information Officer, where he will oversee technology and the Registration and Disclosure division. (Martin Colburn, the CTO, manages the technology staff and oversees technology-related third-party service contracts.) Previously, Randich has served as CIO for Citigroup, NASDAQ, and the Chicago Stock Exchange.
- Michael Reed was promoted to Chief Technology Officer at Chicago-based Echo Global Logistics. Reed, who joined the logistics firm in 2007, has been the interim CTO since April 2012.